Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Mid season update

 I have 10days before the comp2 meeting. I need the tire, lock-up and the ECU working by then.

The tire should be straight forward although the rim on the bike is a WM3 (2.15") while M&H claim a WM5 (3") is correct but a WM4 (2.5") would do. They say no to the suggestion of WM3. The 2 bikes I know that run this slick have them on WM3 so as a last resort I'd go with WM3 as well.

The lock-up appears to be easy too with some careful milling of the 3 holes to accommodate the Triumph stud pattern. Should the adaption turn to custard on the day I can remove it on the spot.

The ECU presents the greatest challenge by far. The software has a massive array of settings and variables. The upside is that if all goes well, we can enjoy a shift light, rev limiter, ign advance control. Also later on, air shifter, launch control and fuel injection. The learning curve is steep and I see lots of people struggle with electronics of this nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment